I have LOVED Christmastime at K-homes. Here's what we've been up to:
- Carols have still been every Monday to Thursday night, led by a different group of kids each night, complete with a Bible verse & prayer. So sweet and a wonderful way to be reminded of Christmas. A few of the songs are sung in their native language - I LOVE hearing them sing these songs. I love hearing them sing ALL the songs.
- We had a competition for the best Christmas house. Each house decorated their living room and door way, and came up with a presentation, and welcomed a group of the adults (about 12 of us, I think) into their house to judge their handiwork & creativity. It was GREAT! The kids did amazing jobs with their decorations, dances, skits, hospitality, & hosting. The youngest boys won the competition - I wish you could have seen their house and their Santa dance. Amazing.
- After the judging of houses, we had a party! Santa Claus, called Christmas Tata here, came and asked all the kids what they wanted for Christmas. We had a feast of chicken rolls, banana chips, apples, local sweets, & COKE! A wonderful time was had by all.
- Today we had a Christmas eve party, with lots of games and good food! We ate grilled chicken, banana chips, oranges, donuts, cookies, and COKE again! (Salted banana chips are among my new favorite foods - they are SO good to me!)
Please know that I care deeply about each of you and I am so thankful to know you and have you in my life! Merry merry Christmas wherever you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment