Saturday, December 31, 2011

amazing race.

Tammy, Molly, and Dylan love playing a game with new arrivals called the Amazing Race. It's similar to the reality show, but adapted to help people learn about the city, the language, & the markets. It was in scavenger hunt format, and each team had to find 20 items on a list - and buy them at the lowest price. Bartering is a big part of shopping in the markets. Most of the items were in the local language, so we also would have to ask people what the items were...which is fun since most people don't speak English and we don't pronounce their language very well. For instance, we had to find one cone of mehindi, 1 small package of paan, 1/4 kg of jelebi, etc. There was an American family from Philadelphia visiting, so the husband & wife (Chris & Lara) were one team. TG and I were another team. TG and I had a great time...we found a lot of things on the ground (haha). It was a great day, topped off by meeting at Nando's, a great restaurant. Check out their website - it's one of the most creative (and also slightly strange) ones I've ever seen: Welcome to Nando's


All the loot Tammy and I acquired or bought during the Amazing Race!

The last thing on the list was to take a picture of your team with your items...and here we are!

We also had to take a picture with our rickshaw driver. Hilarious. He was interested in the pictures of Tammy's hair that I was taking (I was showing her how the jasmine that we bought looked in her hair). But when I asked him to be in a picture he tried to say no, but we got him in it anyway. As you can see, he was in the process of turning around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment