Saturday, December 31, 2011

change the world.

I've been spending sweet time in the prayer garden at k-homes. I love it. It's in the corner of the field in the backyard - it's far enough away to have some peace, but still close enough to hear what's happening on the veranda, in the yard, & on the playground - which I really like. I have always loved reading & writing (and sleeping) in places where I am able to be in the background of the noise. It's comforting and peaceful to me - and it has been for as long as I can remember.

I've had some great times of quiet reflection, letter writing, prayer, & just resting in the Lord in the garden. There are so many wonderful places to sit, green grass (which can't be found everywhere in this city), and amazing plants, flowers, & trees. I am enthralled by them all, and have spent a lot of time admiring them. One of my favorite quotes is by Georgia O'Keeffe - an American artist who felt a desire to paint flowers so massively so nobody could pass them by & forget to appreciate them. She said "When you take a flower and really look at it, it's your world for the moment." I love that, and feel like it's so true. There's such deep majesty in a single flower.


I love the way these benches were built with the natural roof above them. Those vines are so thick and graciously block the sun so well.

This tree captivates me - there's so much about it that is profoundly beautiful and I have spent hours just gazing at it, lying in the grass under its branches.

When the fountain is on, water streams from these two pots. I think it's such a creative and beautiful way to set up the  garden pond.

I only recently discovered that the aloe plant has words etched into its fronds. The kids wrote what was on their heart, another way they beautifully worship God. Some wrote song lyrics; others just wrote meaningful words. I know you can't see everything, but "I'm gonna change the world," "I am royalty," "I have destiny," "I have been set free," & "holy" are among the amazing phrases on the plant. So cool to me.

"I'm gonna change the world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment