Thursday, August 18, 2011

going to south asia.

I'm moving to South Asia in November. Amazing. It's hard to believe, and yet, at the same time, it seems so utterly normal to be going (I can't even begin to explain how incredible that statement is...you'll hear more about that as I write). I'm going to be joining an incredible community who has immersed themselves in service to God through loving the beautiful people of the city. I'll be spending a lot of time with a ministry called Daughters of Hope - which is "a unique handicraft/ tailoring center which seeks to uplift women from poverty, at-risk, and difficult situations through training, employment and discipleship." Amen! It's like everything I have ever learned and been a part of has been leading me to this moment in my life! Ahhhhhh! So breathtakingly amazing.

In a few short weeks this Summer, all of the pieces of this new journey literally fell together perfectly. All of them. It's going to take me quite awhile to explain the whole process to you but I'm going to try to fully illustrate the wonders of God's timing and provision through all of this. It's actually a story that has been in the making for years & years...all the way back to middle school even. 

So here we go. Get ready for a long, detail-filled account...the intricacies are just too wonderful (& important) to leave out. Plus, you all know that I can't tell a short story...not even possible :)

(And just so you KNOW, I'm honored to be embarking on this new season of my life with you as my support system. Thank you for reading this, thank you for being in my life, thank you for believing in me, and thank you for loving me. Truly you make a difference in my life!)



No comments:

Post a Comment