On Monday we are starting a Summer children's program at Daughters of Hope! Molly and I have been doing lots of planning and getting ready. We have twenty children - all between two and eight - and all belonging to the women at Daughters - who will be attending for the next eight weeks. We will be doing educational stations - math, reading, & languages. Plus, we will play games, sing songs, do arts & crafts, and have kid-friendly devotions - all things that I LOVE to do. It's also awesome because the older teens at K-Homes are going to be leading. They have each chosen an age group and activity to help with - and are going to be completely in charge. Molly and I will be facilitating and getting things organized at first, but then this will evolve into a project that is completely led by the teens. I'm so excited about empowering them to be leaders. It makes me feel so alive. And the children that they will be leading are going to be fully blessed by this program. It's what they need - someone to look out for them while their mothers are working, extra help with schoolwork, a place to have FUN, and to be surrounded by incredible role models. It's the coolest thing we are about to dive into.
On April 16th all of K-Homes will be headed to the mountains for a week of CAMP!!! AHHHH, so so cool that I get to be involved in this. Camp in another country - so perfectly right up my alley. Annie, Elyssa, and I will be in charge of the younger kids at K-Homes - nineteen kids from three to eleven. We have been planning and praying and thinking up awesome things. This week is going to be the BEST. I can't wait to tell you about it!
While we are running camp for the younger kids, the older kids and teens will be having a camp of their own - run by Cory Hallett and his church from Marietta. Cory is the youth director who told me that I should come to India. SO I am pumped to be working with him again and to meet some people from his church. He is a dynamic, gifted speaker and I KNOW the older kids are going to be blown away by him and the Lord. It's going to be great.
p.s. The camp is in a national forest with ELEPHANTS and TIGERS and MONKEYS and other very cool animals. Talk about fantastic!! Clark told me he will be very jealous if I get to see an elephant - and will hate me if I get to ride one...oh it would be awesome!
![]() |
| A picture of the mountains where we are going!!! |


No comments:
Post a Comment