Saturday, March 17, 2012

birthday love.

(First of all, my internet has been either painfully slow or absolutely impossible over the last month or so. Hence the reason this is my first post in almost 4 weeks...I haven't been forgetting or been a slacker!)


My roommates are the BEST. Seriously. They decorated my bed and put a birthday sign on our door and gave me fantastic little presents! And by fantastic, I mean hilarious. Annie gave me a water bottle with pictures of Winnie the Pooh because 1) I love sweet Winnie quotes and 2) my other water bottle continually had a black growth inside of it and she thought I could use another bottle (since I wasn't cleaning the other one...mainly because I don't mind the black growth...). Elyssa gave me a book called Chicken Soup for the Indian Romantic Soul. Oh, it's out of control. So funny. It's a bootleg copy that she bought on the street in the city...which makes it even better! 


The streamers they put above my bed! So much fun! (and they used the fabric remnants from Daughters...love it!)

The sign on our door!!!!! Complete with a bird, tree, and flower!!!

An up close view of the awesome streamers!
I felt so loved on my birthday. It really was wonderful. I thank the Lord everyday for the precious roommates that I have.

The tradition here is to make something to give away on your birthday. So I baked strawberry shortcake cookies in a convection oven. It took HOURS and was totally worth it. The cookies turned out great - and they were PINK! I always had strawberry cake with strawberry icing for my birthday, so that's what I wanted to share with the kids and staff at K-Homes. They were a big hit...even with the oldest house parent, Periamma. She turned her nose up at them and asked me what they were, and wouldn't try even a little. Then after all the kids loved them, she said she wanted one small piece...and then later she asked me for a whole one. Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment