Saturday, February 25, 2012

small things.

"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."    - Winnie the Pooh
I feel like these past few weeks have been filled to the brim with the sweetest things. Nothing huge. Nothing monumental. But just small glimpses of wonder, love, and gratitude...that I am fully touched by. Here are a few pictures!


A pancake adventure that Annie, Elyssa, and I had! we cook together on Friday nights and this meal might be our fave. So simple but so good. 

Pancakes and eggs for supper! Then we go upstairs to eat together and watch episodes from "Friday Night Lights" DVDs. We have a slight addiction...and we love it. 

Annie is an AWESOME egg cooker!

woohoo! This is the other side of our room and I just felt the need to climb up there one night. It was sort of difficult getting down. Haha, but no injuries.

My sweet roommates! I LOVE them! I seriously am so blessed by them. We went out to eat and always have the best time together. 

We asked a rickshaw driver to take our picture. He had ZERO idea what he was doing...so he asked another driver who had ZERO idea what he was doing. Two other men later, we finally got a picture. Tears were rolling down my face I was laughing so hard. Good times for sure!

Elyssa!! You know what's cool? She knew Clark in Athens...and it took us both coming to South Asia to meet.

These are the Valentine's cards that Elyssa made for Annie and me.  "Boochies" are lice and "biryani" is an ethnic food that isn't particularly Elyssa's favorite. There is even a glittery depiction of a chicken neck in the bowl...because that's what you typically find in your biryani. So funny. And SUCH LOVE!!
Valentine's decorations in our room! They went up on February 1st! (And are still up...)

Wisdom from sweet Winnie

I love the words to this hymn. They touch me deep.

Elyssa's decorations! It was so delightful having decorations everywhere. I had forgotten how much fun it is when you wholeheartedly celebrate holidays. I'm so thankful Elyssa reminded us of how great Valentine's Day is!  

We were resourceful and used leftover Daughters material for our art!

The coolest words from a Mumford and Sons song.

Roots!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment