There were 23 people gathered for Thanksgiving here - all of the Americans at k-homes, plus other friends of Tammy & the Filas. We even had 2 Canadians celebrate with us :) We each brought food and had SO MUCH - it was awesome. I made cornbread and gravy - the corn meal is different here and made my bread not turn out like it does at home. But I'm determined to figure it out and make it like my dad makes it- I know it can be done!
Let me show you in pictures some of the highlights of our day:
| One of the portable ovens we had to cook with...notice the rocks holding up the left side. The original oven legs melted off - a lovely production flaw. |
| Melinda, Erin, & Taylor showing off their pineapple casserole that they made! |
![]() |
| The cooks in Molly's kitchen! From left - Erin, Molly, Taylor, & Melinda - with stuffed mushrooms, mashed potatoes, & deviled eggs!!! |
| Harrison & Dylan with our turkey! It turned out so well - with the help of the oven bag I brought here from Greenville! |
| My roommates, Melinda & Erin! |


No comments:
Post a Comment