Sunday, November 27, 2011

celebrate.

We had our building dedication for Daughters of Hope! All of the women and their families were invited - and they were so proud to show off the building to everyone. There was a ribbon-cutting ceremony, some cultural dances, a message, and prayers. You can check out the Daughters of Hope page on facebook for more pictures! Afterwards, there was dinner served upstairs. It was catered and was the traditional party food here - a rice dish with chicken, vegetables, & curd (curd is like a mix between sour cream & plain yogurt). The food was great. I never would have thought that spicy rice mixed with cold onion/cucumber curd would be good - but I really like it.


I got to wear a saree for the building dedication! I picked out a red one when I went shopping in the village right next to where I live - I chose red because I could hear Mama's voice in my head saying she thought red was a good color for me :) 
My red saree with a necklace I borrowed from Erin - it was her grandmother's and it made me feel honored to be able to wear it.
Another picture of my saree. The women at the far left & far right of the picture are from the production company in the U.S. that we are partnered with. Molly Fila is to my direct left and she is in charge of Daughters here.

The building dedication was a celebration of thanks to God who provides everything for us. It was such a visible testimony of his goodness!  

No comments:

Post a Comment