Wednesday, January 11, 2012

anticipation.

We had our Daughters of Hope Christmas party on December 29th - and everybody had the best time! The women LOVE to play games (and oh I'm right there with them) and couldn't hold in the excitement they felt about playing the game "Dirty Santa." This is a game where everybody brings in a wrapped gift that costs $2 or less (I know that doesn't seem like much at all, but $2 goes a long way here). Then all the gifts are placed in the middle of the circle where everyone is gathered - and then you draw numbers to determine the order of choosing a present. The catch is that if you open up something that somebody else wants they can STEAL it when it's their turn! Hilarious. The women thought the game was incredibly exhilarating...and they bubbled over with the anticipation of getting to have their turn. The experience of playing with them was priceless. I got an AWESOME turquoise shawl...my very favorite color. I stole it from Molly when it was my turn!


Then for lunch, everybody brought food to share. The women had been talking for weeks about what they wanted to cook for everybody and they felt SO proud in being able to prepare food for the group. Every one of them asked me if I tried what they brought...and of course I did! I brought broiled rosemary potatoes...not exactly their favorite dish of the afternoon. Haha. Molly brought chocolate cupcakes and snickerdoodle cookies - the women called them "American biscuits" and thought they were so good. I have a slight addiction to Molly's snickerdoodle cookies...they really are the best things ever.


It was a wonderful day! Y'all would have loved it!


All of the Dirty Santa presents waiting for us to get started!!! The anticipation at this point was AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment