Friday, October 28, 2011

I'm here!

Hey Everybody!!!

I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to post! I haven't had internet because I'm waiting for a time next week when one of the men from Daughters can get me the correct equipment for my computer! So until that happens I won't be able to post. But so SOON I will be able to!

My roommates, Melinda & Erin (both near my age & from Georgia), and I walked down the dirt/slightly paved roads to get to the internet cafe near our village! It's really something to be on the internet in an open-air room with scooters & auto rickshaws (and the occasional chicken & cow) steadily passing by. 

I am loving it here. I'm getting so used to it. It's only my 4th day - but it feels so normal to be here. Just what I thought it was going to feel like! The Lord is SO GOOD! I have made great connections with the people here and am learning new things everyday. Such a sweet process that I love!

I got to help teach a 10-year-old girl, Monisha, how to ride a bike yesterday. Very precious!

I have learned (& am still learning) how to eat with my hands - the rice & chiles & assorted vegetables that we have. It's been fun - you literally have to eat with your hands. But only your right hand - it is highly inconsiderate to use your left hand to eat or to touch people or to hand something to somebody. You also can't point your feet at somebody when you are sitting - again, very offensive in this culture. I love learning these new things.

I just bought 5 new kurtas to wear - one for each day of the week! They look like dresses with slits on the sides & I wear pants or leggings with them. So delightful to me to dress this way - it really is a wonderful fit! I would wear these even in the states - and I plan to when I'm back in April :)

Next week when I am able to be at my computer I will show you pictures and give you lots more updates! Until then, I'm praying for you and love you and am so thankful you are keeping up with my blog!

Talk to you soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment