Saturday, October 8, 2011

awe.

I think about K-Homes & Daughters of Hope all the time: the people, the places, the activities, the sounds, the sights, etc. I want to hear the voices of each woman, the laughs of the children, the thoughts of the teenagers, and the dreams of the staff. I want to be part of what the Lord is doing in these people that have quickly taken up residence in my heart. As I say all of this, I do so knowing fully that I will have to wait on the Lord as he guides me in forming all of these new relationships - it takes sweet time & patience & understanding & LISTENING to really let a bond take root. I want to KNOW people - & I want to be fully KNOWN as well. I feel such AWE at the invitation to join the intimate community that exists within K-Homes & Daughters - I really don't even know what to say except I am grateful. 


I keep being reminded in my heart over and over again this incredible truth: Yes, I am going so that I can serve with my whole body & soul - and SERVE I will do - but more than that, I am being called by the Lord of Lords to COME & BE LOVED BY HIM - and to be LOVED by the people around me. I will graciously & beautifully be given entirely more than I will ever be able to give. I am in awe of this truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment