Sunday, July 8, 2012
atlanta time.
My plans have constantly been changing since I came home from South Asia. And I mean constantly.
I'm not returning to Asia. It was a decision that I spent weeks thinking about and exploring all facets of the details - but I came to the conclusion that staying in the States is what makes most sense for me right now. Believe me, I had NO idea that I wouldn't be going back - it wasn't even an option in my mind. I'm fully convinced that it was the best decision - and I'm so thankful for that assurance. I'm still in the process of getting used to the fact that I'm "home" for good right now - it's been an ongoing adjustment and source of much thought.
Now I find myself searching for what I will be up to next - what new adventure I will pursue. But I have no idea.
I kept wanting to wait until I had things "figured out" before I wrote a new post. That day of enlightenment hasn't happened yet. I'm trying to embrace this new-found, open book of my life right now - and I admit it's not the easiest (nor most enjoyable) undertaking. I never realized how accustomed I was to having my life together: to knowing what my next steps were going to be, to having definite goals, and to embracing my immediate "purpose." I know none of those specifics right now. This is new territory, indeed.
Here's all I know about life right now: tomorrow I'm venturing to Atlanta. I'm planning on staying through the month of July - babysitting, going to church, being with friends, and finding my niche. I have no idea where that will be. I'm not sure what the next three weeks will look like. But I am certain that I feel like there's something waiting for me in Atlanta. It's calling my name - whatever it is. Here's to discovering the voice.
It's Atlanta time. I'm ready. Let's do this. At least for the next three weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment